The genres, codes, conventions and symbolic forms of messages shape perception and interpretation.
Press Coverage of the Code
- "What to Give a Copyright Extremist" on Debian User Blogs
- School Library Journal
- Henry Jenkins' blog
- Georgia Harper's law blog at the Center for Intellectual Property
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story on media literacy and the Code of Best Practices
- Jerry Swiatek's blog, Thoughts from a Tech Specialist
- Kristina DeVoe's blog for the Association of College and Research Libraries
- Michael Madison's blog on the value of "best practices"approaches to fair use
- Blog from Top Shelf: The "best stuff" for school librarians
- NCTE's Inbox blog
- Chronicle of Higher Education story
- Critique of Chronicle of Higher Education's story by media scholar Jason Mittell
- Utne Reader's "How Fair Use Got its Groove Back"